Monthly Giving Associate (0326)
- Category:External Affairs
- Region:HQ - New York
- Location:New York
- :Full Time
Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) has a large, mature direct response program that generates the majority of the revenue for the organization, primarily through one-time direct mail gifts. Within that program, monthly giving generates $6.5 million annually, primarily through direct mail, online and telemarketing acquisition and conversion and street canvassing.
Reporting to the Monthly Giving Manager, the Monthly Giving Associate will provide a wide range of support including acquisition, retention and maintenance of the monthly giving program across all integrated channels. As well as providing administrative support.
- Work closely with Monthly Giving Manager on executing the growth strategies for the program across all channels including but not limited to, canvassing, direct mail, and telemarketing
- Manage vetting process for all monthly giving communication, ensuring all campaigns are approved and rolled out on time.
- Work with Monthly Giving Manager to ensure data integrity of monthly giving file.
- With guidance from the Monthly Giving Manager, monitor and take action to improve retention of monthly donors.
- Fulfillment of monthly donor’s communications for stewardship and retention.
- Responsible for maintaining ROI database making changes to monthly donor records: add and remove monthly donors; change sustainer frequency, dollar amount, payment method, credit card information and merge monthly records
- Develop streamlined processes to more effectively service the donor file; leverage new technologies where applicable
- Provide administrative support to monthly giving manager developing reports and monitoring campaign results.
- Assist with importing and integrating monthly giving data from various sources i.e. email, website, external suppliers to maintain accurate and up to date donor records and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the direct marketing team to ensure all activities are coordinated and donor-focused
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS required
- 2+ years Nonprofit fundraising experience in canvassing, telemarketing or direct mail
- Experience of direct response fundraising campaigns is essential
- Knowledge of and experience with nonprofit customer service metrics and best practices
- Experience with canvassing programs preferred
- Experience working with external vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, highly skilled in use of Word and Excel
- Experience with Fundraising Databases, especially ROI
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail for entering data
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Diplomatic skills to obtain trust, cooperation, and understanding in order to resolve routine problems
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/amnesty-international-usa
AIUSA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.