Email Specialist (0293)
- Category:Digital Communications
- Location:New York, Washington DC, Atlanta, Oakland, CA
- :Full Time
The Email Specialist is responsible for using email communication with current/potential supporters and members to advance AIUSA’s programmatic and organizational goals, as part of larger online engagement strategies. The Specialist writes and edits emails, manages email production, segments audiences, and improves the impact of email. The Specialist both leverages current supporters to protect human rights with AIUSA and helps expand the organization’s base of support. The Email Specialist reports to the Director of Online Engagement and works collaboratively with other staff in the Strategic Communications and Digital Initiatives Department and other teams across the organization.
- Manages overarching email strategy for the organization, to increase and leverage the base of supporters who can be mobilized to advance AIUSA’s mission and to use email to deepen people’s engagement (as activists and donors).
- Writes email content and manages production of email.
- Develops and drives email list segmentation strategies to maximize engagement and list strength.
- Conducts and analyzes testing regularly to identify effective strategies, messaging, and formatting of email communication.
- Compiles data constantly and provides insight and analysis to increase engagement and growth; shares data, analysis and insights across the organization.
- Manages organization-wide email calendar that accommodates multiple stakeholders’ needs for email engagement, and communicates across the organization about the calendar and the strategy behind it.
- Closely monitors human rights and social justice developments in the news and closely monitors email communication from a range of other groups and individuals.
- Participates in brainstorming and strategy discussions to develop communications campaigns and tactics that include email engagement, social media, web, media, and other aspects.
- Keeps abreast of advances in technology and innovative thinking within the field, and applies them to AIUSA’s work.
- Regularly solicits and incorporates input from staff, members, and volunteers.
- Participates in shared responsibility and collaboration with the volunteer and internal and external constituents.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS and at least 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience working with and/or building an email list of at least 250,000 subscribers.
- Experience developing email strategy and writing advocacy and fundraising emails, as part of broader communications and engagement efforts.
- Experience managing both short-term, campaign-oriented email engagement and long-term, organization-wide email engagement strategy.
- Experience working with CRM technology, constructing and troubleshooting email templates and web pages, as well as QA’ing HTML emails.
- Experience integrating, as well as working across, CMS/CRM technologies.
- Experience balancing competing priorities and needs, with a client-service/partnership orientation and a diplomatic approach.
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to both engage and expand email supporter audiences/lists.
- Demonstrated ability to develop email communications plans that are part of larger digital, communications, and programmatic goals and campaigns.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including knowledge of AP-style guidelines and editing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Knowledge of and skill using various CRM packages.
- Knowledge of and skill using HTML, social media, open source CMS, blog platforms, SEO, web metrics software, multimedia editors such as FinalCut and Photoshop as well as a general technical proficiency.
- Ability to turn concepts and ideas into reality quickly and with limited resources (both human and financial).
- Diplomatic, collegial approach to engage with other staff, volunteer leaders, and members as partners and to identify solutions that meet multiple stakeholders’ needs.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/amnesty-international-usa
Amnesty International USA is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are only able to contact those applicants who are selected for interviews.